6.25.2017

Life Update #4

     We're on the road trip! Here's some pictures: (Sorry, I'm not going to write a ton, since I don't have a whole bunch of time to be on here.) :) And also, this was supposed to be yesterday, but I've kinda lost track of the days. Usually I wouldn't post on a Sunday, but my normal routine has obviously been interrupted. :)




First day, on our way out of Phoenix. 


No, I don't know what the thing is... But you can pay a dollar to find out!


Middle of Nowhere, New Mexico


The entrance to Carlsbad Caverns. Foreboding, isn't it?


Inside the caverns. It's kinda dark (because it's a cave - duh) so it was hard
to get a nice picture. These are my best. :)


Good o'le Texas barbecue! (That's half eaten. I was so hungry I forgot
to take a picture before.)


In Fredricksburg, Texas.




Jack's latest butterfly find.


Remember the Alamo! (Probably one of the coolest places I've ever
been - I've wanted to go for forever. So cool to see in real life.)


German food! Bratwurst, sauerkraut and German pan fries. I couldn't
do the sauerkraut, but the rest was good!


At the Alamo. Do squirrels have no respect??
Silos and Magnolia in Waco, Texas!! (From the Fixer Upper show on
HGTV... If you don't know what these are







Texas Forestry Museum in Lufkin, Texas. This was super cool!!


A caboose that was open to check out. It was so much fun to mess
around in. I felt like a little kid again. XD


Cane River Lake (I think?) in Louisiana. SOO pretty.

As the picture says, this is from Cane River Creole National Historic
Park (try saying that ten times fast!). This place was again, really pretty
and really cool.


The old walkway up to the house from the front porch. So beautiful.




At the risk of getting repetitive - so pretty.
This had the Melrose mansion thing-y at it...


And here's the mansion. On another note, I stepped in a next of
fire ants and got my ankles all bit up. A new experience for me - and
it burned. I see why they're called 'fire' ants.


This is an old mansion called Windsor. 


And these are all that's left. The house burned down in 1890... It
must've been so huge.


     And that's all the pictures so far! Hope this was semi-interesting... I'm hoping to keep it up next week. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment