5.01.2017

My Pets

     Welcome! In case you didn't know, May is national pet month. Now you're enlightened. In honor of said "national month" (or whatever you want to call it), I'm going to show you pictures of all my pets. (All one dog and ten chickens.)


     So, we'll start off with the more boring pets. The chickens. This is going to be incredibly short because they aren't really "pets." I named several of them (I think all of them) but I don't really remember who's who.

     I have had five chickens. The first one was the very first chicken that we ever had - we tried to incubate some eggs but it didn't really work. We had to bury Colina (name of the chicken) alive because she wasn't going to survive.

     Next up is Serena. Yes, it's the same name as my friend Serena, and no, I did not name my chicken off of my friend. I actually came up with that name from scratch (even the spelling) and then met Serena. I remembered her name because it was the same as my chicken's. XD Serena died a while back.

      Next up is Colina the second (/number two). Her "official" name was Colina Cheep, but I shortened it to Cola, She is also dead. Katara is number three. She's still alive (I think). At this point I decided to go with the "every name ends in an ahh sound" theme, hence the name. I actually got the name from the cartoon Avatar: the Last Airbender.

     And finally, there's Tara (or Kara??). I can't even remember her name. That's sad. You can tell that the amount of time I invested in these chickens slowly deteriorated... She is also still alive (to my knowledge).

     If I ever get chickens when I'm older, I'm going to name them Lord of the Rings names (Aragorn, Gandalf, Arwen, etc). I'm only slightly obsessed. ;)

     Up next - my dog, Mango! She's a two and a half year old Boxer who is the cutest thing ever. Though I might be slightly biased. Here's a whole bunch of pictures:

This is only a few days after we got her. She's so
tiny and cute!!! I can't take it! I carried her around
on a blanket and she laid on my lap while I did school.

Trying to walk her, but the leash turned into a
toy. Typical.


AWWW....

She barely fits on this anymore, and it's
not shaped anymore.

Poor dog got the cone stuck on her head!
It was hilarious...

Sleepover! Sometimes I'll sleep on the ground
with her for fun. :)

Her ears and her floppy muzzle!! 



Tired doggy...

Cowboy dog. A true Norconian!


Selfie! :)

This bird made a little cheeping noise, and
Mango was fascinated.

She's so cute when she's sleeping.

A selfie and she's sleeping. Cutey.



My sister made this for her during sewing
class one week. She looks so uncomfortable,
it's hilarious.

     Is she not so cute? She's really energetic and playful, and is sometimes a pain with new people because she's so crazy. She's been getting a lot better. She also tends to freak out the little kids because of her jumping, but Boxers are great family dogs and she's no exception.

     You may have one other question - why in the world did we name her Mango? The summer before we got her, we went on a nation wide road trip, and one of the things we listened to was this story called Wizzy Gizmo. This episode talked about creation, and at the point where they were talking about the trees being created, one of the characters burst into song about how amazing mangos are. Here's how it went:

Mango, mango, oh how I love you,
Mangomango, oh how I need you,
Mangomango, you are so tasty,
Mangomango you make me crazy!

Like'a mangos in my pancakes,
Like'a mangos in my oatmeal,
Like 'em in my peanut butter,
Everyone thinks I'm a nutter!
Like'a mango scented candles,
When I wear my tropical sandals,
Just chillin' at the pool, hey look!
It's shaped just like a mango!

Mangomango, oh how I love you,
Mangomango, oh how I need you,
Mangomango, you are so tasty,
Mangomango you make me crazy!

    Mom really wanted our dog to be named Mango after that song... So we did. though some of us (not naming names - but it wasn't me) called her Pumpkin for a while because they didn't want it to be Mango. But now she's Mango, and I love her name. And her!!

     A little note about the "quote of the week" thing. It's getting to be quite a pain to do it, so I'm going to stop updating it unless there's a quote I really want y'all to see for whatever reason. :)

     Anyway, thanks for reading! Happy national pet month... Hope you have a great week and I'll see you next week. :)

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment