5.13.2017

Life Update #1

     As I promised in the last post, I'm going to be starting a little series about what I'm doing this summer. Fair warning - until the road trip in late June this might be pretty boring. XD This week was probably one of the more boring weeks.




     So I think what I'm going to do is summarize each day really quickly... Because not that much happened this week, these will be short.


Saturday, May 6

     Lazy day - got up at 8:30, watched some TV, worked on this blog (!!), practice piano, worked on piano teaching stuffs, cleaned the downstairs, and worked on some stories I'm writing. It also rained today, which was so nice. We've been getting a lot more rain this winter, and it's extending a little bit into spring, which is amazing.

Sunday, May 7

     I went to youth group at our church. (I switch every three months between youth group and helping out in the nursery - I love both!) I made brownie muffins with Reeses middles, played piano, and hung out at our small group (raining still, amazingness!). 

     After small group, I hitched a ride with a friend's family to a "Spring Sing" at our church. It's a little performance for the younger people (as in first grade through high school, probably) at our church. It was really fun. And the person who put it together (who's in charge of our church's music ministry) wants me to play next time. I'm not totally in... I'd get so nervous.

Monday, May 8

     We went to the library early on - I got three books, then bought two from Goodwill. I've finished four of them so far, and they were all really good for the most part. I would definitely recommend checking out The Pharaoh's Daughter by Mesu Andrews. Probably one of my favorite books of all time.

Tuesday, May 9

      We had our final Digging Deeper this night. We have a little girls group at our church for our homeschool group called Girls of Grace, and Digging Deeper is a thing the high schoolers do separately on a different day (usually at night). This last one was super fun, mostly involving talking with all the other high schoolers... A lot less structured than usual, but I'm good with that. :) 

Wednesday, May 10

     After my online economics class that morning, we left to go to Downtown LA, where we took a walking historic tour with some friends (Triniti and Jessica from over at TAJ) and then went and ate lunch (actually at the same restaurant we had dinner at on Tuesday). After lunch, we visited an art museum called the Broad. Some of the art there (at the Broad) was a little inappropriate, so we ended up leaving there a little early. But we did have fun, and it was great to hang out with friends.


Thursday, May 11

     I had piano (teaching and taking lessons)... Both went well. My piano recital is next week (May 17th) and I'm nervous/excited. Not sure which exactly. Other than piano, there was a bunch of sewing. We're doing a craft fair on Memorial Day, and I offered to help out my sister with her sewing stuffs (for a price, of course.). ;)

Friday, May 12

     Not much went on. Sewing, again, as well as some errands in the morning to 1) get recycles turned in for money, 2) get chicken food, 3) shop at a thrift store, and 4) get ice cream. That last was added on by Mom, but we were all really happy about that. :) Movie and pizza for dinner - which was great!

     Hopefully that was interesting. It was fun to write, and I know I enjoy reading this kind of thing. :) Today (Saturday, May 13) I'm doing a PEH, which you'll see on Monday. So in my next week's summary, you won't get anything for today. :)

     See y'all on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment