5.15.2017

Movie Reviews

     First off - sorry there's no PEH. I was too busy and forgot. Hehe. Again - sorry. So, instead of that, I'm going to go with something that I've kinda been wanting to do, but haven't been able to do because my "schedule" was all full. I've seen quite a few movies the past few months, almost all of which I really liked, so today I'm going go through them, and introduce you to some movies to watch. :)


     So there are several here that came out a while ago, but I thought I'd just do them anyways. Without further ado... Here's the first:

Beauty and the Beast poster
via Google Images

     I know Beauty and the Beast has gotten some "thumbs down" - if you will - from various Christian families because of the little thing in it. I don't have time to go super in depth into this from a Biblical perspective (maybe I'll do that at some point later on...), but I did go and see it.

     Can I say, the little thing in it really wasn't that bad. If I hadn't been on red alert, I probably would've noticed it. But you need to decide for yourself and what goes with your own conscience. 

     Other than that little thing - I loved this movie. I loved all the backstory, the same thing I loved about the 2015 Cinderella. The music was on point, and Dan Stevens can really sing. Evermore almost had me crying (and I don't cry, so that's saying a lot). The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the Be Our Guest song. I liked it more than I thought I would, but it just wasn't quite there. At least that's how I felt.


La La Land poster
via Google Images

     I feel like a lot of people have been gushing about this movie (at least most of my friends have, I dunno about the "online community" or whatever) and I'm going to join. I really liked La La Land. It's only kind of crazy how obsessed I am with this movie. (When I get obsessed, I get really obsessed. I'm working on learning to tone it down.)

     There are several things I really like about this movie. First, the music. Oh my goodness... I'm a pianist, so Sebastian's jazz and all that on the piano was really awesome. That actor can play the piano, lemme tell you. I've played for nine years and I still can't do the end of Mia and Sebastian's theme. And all the singing and soundtrack are amazing. 

      Second, the dancing. That first scene, and all of the dancing with Mia and Sebastian (the Lovely Night scene, waltzing everywhere) were so amazing. I loved the clothes Mia wore, and I loved the shooting style with spotlights, and those long shots. It was so cool.

     And overall for bad stuff, this one only had two or three bad words, so it was a lot better than some other movies I've watched.

Hidden Figures poster
via Google Images

     We watched this one just a few days ago. It wasn't quite as good as La La Land or Beauty and the Beast, but it was a keeper. I loved that it was based off a true story, and the fact that there were these African-American women working on that. It also opened my eyes a little bit to what life was like for them back in the 60s. 

     The plot was also really good. Except the tiny fact that since it's based on history, so I knew what was going to happen with the astronauts. But it didn't make it less suspenseful, which is kinda funny. The acting was really good, and I liked the clothes (again)... Not much specifically that I can pull to mind, but overall it was really well done.

Rogue One poster
via Google Images

     I know this actually came out a while ago, but I just wanted to mention it in this list because I think it deserves it. I haven't watched this since March (I think?) so I don't remember a whole lot. I do remember that it was really intense. The plot was well done, and the characters were all amazing.

     I really liked Jyn, and I liked Cassian. I liked all of them. :) There were several funny moments, and it was really realistic. The CGI of the one commander (and Leia) was a little iffy. I think that technology needs to be developed a little more before it becomes a permanent feature in movies.

Doctor Strange poster
via Google Images

     I really liked this movie. I'm a huge fan of Marvel... Again, obsessed. This movie was not my favorite Marvel movie (I think due to the whole "otherworldly" aspect - it was a little disorientating), but it was really good. Plus, the ending scene of the credits sets up Thor: Ragnarok, which I am so excited for I cannot sit still!! XD

     I really liked the plot with this, and Strange's character development was pretty good throughout the movie. There were some funny moments with this one as well... 


     So! I want everyone to go watch above movies. :) Thanks for reading, and I again am sorry about the promise of the PEH but no actual post. I hope this movie summary helps the disappointment. ;)

     Thanks for reading... have a great week and I'll see y'all on Saturday. :)

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment