5.08.2017

The End of School!

     Joy to the world, the Lord is come!! Haha. Meaning - I'm done with school!! Blessed summer!! No responsibilities!! (Just kidding.) *switches to very professional self* In this post, I will be summarizing the school year. I was a sophomore in high school, and here's how it went...



     That got really weird at the end there. Anyways... School was okay this year. There were the easy days and there were the hard days. And there were the days that were really easy, then hard, then breezy again, then really hard. Like, all within three hours. (Ask my mom - she'll tell you.) Actually, there were a lot of those days. Bless the craziness that is a teenager.

     So... After that dose of thought that no one asked for. Onwards! This post is getting really discombobulated. I'm going to share with you all some of my favorite subjects this year. They turned out to be a bit different than what I thought they'd be.

     Starting off with chemistry. It was pretty good! There was a lot more "math" related stuff than biology, which I was not a huge fan of... But it made sense and it was still cool learning new things about creation.

      German went pretty well! I found out I'd been doing the lessons wrong about halfway through the year, so I didn't quite finish what I was "supposed" to finish, but Mom said that was okay. And I learned a lot of new, fun words. For example: Klavier (piano), Foto (picture/photo), jetzt (now) and my new favorite German word - Kartoffel. It means potato. But it's so much fun to say!! XD

     I read a ton of great books this year. I'm going to do a bonus post on Wednesday about my favorites, because I want to write a little mini-review on each and I don't want to waste a bunch of space in this post. :) Some of my very favorites, though (as a preview) were Black Horses for the King, Eats, Shoots & Leaves and Kisses from Katie. I also read Beowulf and completed a study guide on it, and can I say - that was the best "old" book I've ever read. It made sense and I was sad when the main character died. (Sorry - spoiler alert.)

     One Year Adventure Novel went pretty well! I didn't end up watching all of the lessons, but I did read the workbook for all of them, so it counts. Hopefully. But the biggest accomplishment is that I finished my book!! It's called Vindicta and I think it's the first book I've actually finished other than some really short stories I wrote for my dad for Christmas once. It has 15,275 words and 12 chapters and is 43 pages long. I'm starting the editing process by letting people read it. I hope it turns out to be a good story. :)

     TeenCoder turned out to be a bit more of a flop than I expected. I only did it for one semester, and it was just a bit confusing. I did learn things though, and even built my own chess game! It was fun, but not my favorite.

     I took two outside classes this year. Government and economics. Government was the first half of the school year, and if you want to see my thoughts on that, check it out here. You can also read the blog page I did on the election process here. Economics isn't quite over yet (it won't be till the end of May) but I'm really enjoying it so far. I do have to get up earlyish (about 6:30) but at least I don't have to drive anywhere or change out of my pajamas. I'm also learning a lot of stuff, which is probably good. XD

     History was amazing! As always. I love love love history. We did the Middle Ages, and we actually went to see Medieval Times (which is a live tournament - think real knights jousting - awesome!) last Friday. It was so cool. If you ever get the chance to go there, I would definitely encourage you to. :)

     And that's pretty much it for this week! I have received some feedback that the loss of our "quote of the week" will be acutely missed, so I'm going to initiate a "quote of the month." That way I don't have to update it every single week. XD I'll probably leave the current quote up until June, then start changing them. :)

     Thanks for reading, and don't forget to check back on Wednesday for my special bonus post about books! :)

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment