10.02.2017

How I Blog

     So! I thought I'd show you (or tell you) the behind-the-scenes of how I blog. It really isn't that interesting, but I thought it would be fun for me to do... Maybe it will be interesting? I'm quite proud of how consistent I've been over the past year and a half-ish.




     I started planning out my posts by week starting in September 2016. At the beginning of September, I planned through the end of December of that year. When it got towards the end of December, I started thinking about 2017.

     I didn't plan out as many of my posts for TAJ in those four-ish months. At the end of 2016, I started collecting some post ideas from around the internet. I came up with several series ideas (Bible updates and Picture Every Hour are a few of those) so that I would have some posts that I wouldn't need to plan a topic for - I'd just need to write.

     My original plan for 2017 included seventy-two posts. I've missed at least three or four of those, but I have done several extra posts (life updates during the summer, etc.) so I'm pretty good there. I'm starting to plan out 2018 - which will have several really exciting announcements (at least, I'm excited for them).

     Actually, for that matter - I'll have one exciting announcement that I'll probably reveal sometime in November. I'm really excited for it... I've been planning it for half of a year, give or take some months. It's probably really insanely crazy of me to add another thing to my plate - but I really enjoy this and would probably rather do this in my free time than anything else (except for reading, and maybe writing).

     Moving on from that! So I'm planning out some 2018 stuff right now. I'm planning to continue Picture Every Hour posts, and Bible update posts and might have a few new series that I start. They won't be really long series, but just a few posts about a topic that interests me.

     So... Basically, I plan out my posts pretty far in advance, but I don't hold to that schedule too strictly. I try to write my posts as far as possible in advance. Sometimes I have up to two months scheduled ahead, but other times I'm writing the post the night before it's supposed to go up (like right now).

      But at least with the planning, I don't have to actually come up with an idea the night before, I just have to write it. Which is so nice and makes it way easier. Plus, I guess that brainstorming all the post topics at the same time saves me time in the end... I haven't scientifically proven that, though.

     Otherwise, I basically just sit down at my computer and write. I'm using Canva to make the fancy headers that I started using recently. I'm really liking it, and would probably recommend. Sometimes I listen to music - whatever I'm into at the time, but I don't do that all the time.

     I also will occasionally take pictures (I'm trying to do more of my own pictures), but they generally don't look very good so I don't end up using them. I'm trying to figure out some ways to take a few nicer pictures with some sort of light diffuser box thing. But I don't have all the supplies, and even once I make it, it might not even work once I do.

     I use Blogger to blog (in case that wasn't obvious from my blog's URL)... I think that's basically it for my blogging process. I hope that was at least a little interesting!

     (On a completely unrelated note - I'm trying to upload a video assignment for one of my school classes, and the website had to reload and I lost all of my progress on the video upload. Uggg... Not to mention it took me nearly two hours to actually film the twelve-minute thing. This thing is basically killing me.)

     And on another quite unrelated note, yesterday was the first day of October!! Guess what? That means my birthday is in only twelve days from today. Twelve days and I'll be sixteen. That's so crazy. I'm trying to get my mind around that. Sixteen seems really old, and not so old at the same time. Guys - I'm growing up!! (Freaks out a bit.)

     More on that subject (my birthday) next week. :) Well! Hope you enjoyed, and have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment