10.09.2017

Life Update

     My birthday is on Saturday! That's only five days away. Only five days and I'll be sixteen. That's sort of crazy. These past few weeks have been a little crazy/hectic. My family was out of town (except for my dad and me), then my dad and the boys were out of town, and I've gotten a little behind on school (hehe).




     So this post will be a bit of a life update/thinking about my birthday. I really have no idea where this is going, but hopefully, I'll be able to write something.

      I hadn't been doing a very good job keeping up with my school. It was mostly my one college class, some PSAT prep, the Bible stuff I'm doing, and driver's ed. Mostly because I either underestimated the time it would take to do (college class), or it's just kinda boring and too easy (in a way).

     So! For the past two (starting on three) weeks, I've been doing a lot of school catch up. I haven't technically caught up on driver's ed or PSAT yet, but I've just "rescheduled" that.

     By the way - the PSAT is this Wednesday. Kinda freaking out a bit about that. I'm probably going to horrible. But Mom says it doesn't really matter a whole bunch - it's just practicing for the SAT (which I have to take two or three times before the end of the year). Oh dear. Now I'm freaking myself out.

     All that to say, I've been really busy these past few weeks, and will probably continue to be for a few more weeks. My college class ends next week (but I might be starting a new one). So far, I have a pretty good grade, which is awesome!

     Otherwise, I've just been doing whatever. I'm still teaching piano and babysitting every Friday at our church, so I'm making a decent amount of money. (Which is really good because I spent so much this summer on camp, flights, iPod, souvenirs, etc.)

     I have been realizing that junior year is harder than either freshman or sophomore year. That's what a lot of people have been saying, so I don't know why I wasn't expecting it to be this difficult - but it is. It's not exactly that the school itself is a bunch harder, it's just taking a lot longer than I expected. So that's really discouraging.

     You sit down in the morning thinking - "Oh! I'm going to get all this school done, and then I can do whatever I want in the afternoon." and before you know it it's lunchtime and you've only done one subject out of the seven you had to do that day. So yeah - harder, and discouraging.

   Mom's been telling me that this might just be the way things are going to be for a while... Which is kinda okay, but also not really. :)

     Anyway! On to a happier (and strangely, weird topic). I'm turning sixteen! (Surprise, surprise... I've only been saying that for the past month. Sheesh, Anna.)

     So this is a pretty big (ish?) milestone for me. It's weird because I don't really feel like I'm not sixteen. I've caught myself almost saying "I'm sixteen" to some people who have asked recently, but then have to correct myself. I'm fifteen, not sixteen!

     It's probably because I'm such a young junior and basically all my friends are sixteen already that I feel like that. But the strange thing is, it's kinda starting to hit me a little harder. This past Friday, for example, I was trying to figure out when the next birthday I would have that I would have to work ahead in school for, and I realized that I won't be in high school the next time that happens. So I might not even be able to work ahead in school.

      My next birthday (seventeen - that seems way too old to be my next birthday), is on a Sunday, which means I won't have school (obviously). Then the next birthday after that, I'll be turning eighteen, and I'll either be in college or possibly working if I don't start college right away. Basically - I won't be in high school.

     So that was a really strange realization. Next year I'll be a senior, and I'll be one of the oldest people in the youth group... And then I'll be in the young adults/college group - which is insane since that group could (I don't know the exact ages of people there, but there's a limit of some type, so I know the ranges) have someone ten years older than me. So I'm going to be the baby, almost. Lol.

     I'm pretty excited (in a nervous way) for this next stage in my life. That sounds very official and grown up, so what a perfect way to end my last post as a fifteen year old! I'll see y'all next week with a birthday edition PEH (assuming I actually remember to do it on my birthday - I only have one chance).

     Thanks for reading and have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment