10.23.2017

Bible Time Update: October 2017

     So this is when I again moan about how busy my life is. Haha. Basically - the time I allot to Bible time has gone down by quite a bit. But I have been doing some stuff. This post might be a little shorter (again), but I'll just go through what I'm doing and probably ramble a lot, too. :)



     First off, for school I'm doing this thing called The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Study. (I abbreviate it to MIT because I am not spelling that whole thing out every time I mention it.) I'm doing the New Testament ones, and it basically takes you through the Bible and asks questions and stuff.


    It's really easy - which is maybe one of the things I don't like so much about it. I like some challenge. But it is pretty fun. It's not doing the whole New Testament, either. It's skipping some of the similar stuff in the synoptic gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke). That's fine though.

     That's pretty much it for that part of my Bible study. I'm about mid-way through the first book, and I'm supposed to be doing thirty minutes a day. Like I said though, I'm not getting that much in. I just don't like sitting down for thirty minutes and doing it, so I generally push it off. Which is not good, and I'm going to work on that. :)

     Next, I'm also doing some "plans" on my Bible app. I started doing this very recently. I usually have two going at the same time, and I'll do one right away when I get up in the morning, and one right before I go to bed. It's going pretty well, and it sorta helps me have the first thing I think about to be the Bible (and the last thing, too, though I'll also read before bed sometimes, so...).

     I'm also memorizing some Bible verses with another app called Scripture Typer. My goal is to at some point memorize John 14-17. It's a lot of verses, but it is also one of my favorite parts of the Bible, so I thought I'd try it. I'm going pretty slowly, but I've got John 14:1-5 down. 14:5-6 is a little iffier. But it's been fun and I'm going to try and continue doing that!

     I've also started going to this thing at our church called Wednesday Night Break more often (not every week though) where we sing, play a game, and then do a Bible study thing based off of whatever Pastor Jonathan has been preaching on. That's been really fun, too. I'm in a group with all the junior girls (there's close to twenty of us!) and it's nice talking about the Bible with people my age. :)

     That's pretty much it! We have some family Bible time (minus Dad) in the mornings before school, so we just finished reading through Ecclesiastes and we're going through another Bible related book. We'll probably start reading another book next week. Mom also throws in some Proverbs and Psalms chapters periodically.

     And now that's it. :) Hope you enjoyed that brief update, and I'll "see" you next week!

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment