8.14.2017

Reverse Bucket List

     Hello everyone, and welcome! In case you couldn't tell from the title, today I'm going to be doing this little thing called a reverse bucket list. Everyone knows what a bucket list is (and if you don't, how do you not?). A reverse bucket list is essentially that: what I have done that is bucket list worthy.




     Before we get into all that, I just wanted to do a mini life update... We start school today!! I'm super excited (in case you couldn't tell from all the other posts where I've talked about that), and I'm going to do a little wrap-up post of the first week - next week in tandem with a PEH, which will probably be my first day of school. A special edition, folks. Stay tuned!

     Moving on... Some of these items aren't exactly things you'd put on a "something I want to try" list, but they're unique enough that I just decided to throw them in there. This is not as impressive as some reverse lists might be - I'm only fifteen - but there are some interesting things on there. So! Without further ado...


  1. Had two oral surgeries before age thirteen - and might possibly have to have another one for my wisdom teeth at some point, plus another operation to put implants in. Maybe I should do a post about my mouth problems?
  2. Gone skydiving (indoor) at iFly - not the most fun experience, in my opinion, but an experience.
  3. Learned to play an instrument - piano, for ten years...
  4. Done four road trips around the country - some all the way around the country (pretty much), others concentrated in one section of the country
  5. Gone to summer camp - this gets extra points because I went to one in a different state than where I live, hosted by a different church (or churches) than the one I go to.
  6. Got a job at age fourteen - teaching piano, baby! I'm on top of my life. (Totally not... I just happen to have an awesome cousin, and piano teacher.)
  7. Done a piano recital without messing up - this is huge for me. I mess up all the time during piano recitals, and only recently did two without messing up. *high fives self  Hopefully the streak continues, but do not put any pressure on me.
  8. Got bit by fire ants - another one of those things you probably wouldn't put on an actual list of things you want to do, but it's an experience, okay? Stop being so picky... This is my blog, after all. :)
  9. Gone on California Screamin', Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Hollywood Tower of Terror and Matterhorn in Disneyland/California Adventure - before you laugh, this is a real accomplishment. When I was ten or eleven, I wouldn't go on any of these willingly (maybe Thunder Mountain, but I'm not entirely sure). And it took me up to this past year to go on California Screamin' and Tower of Terror. And that only because I barely got up the courage, and I had a parent or a friend on each. Screamin' is great, minus the flip, and Tower of Terror was okay. I'd go on it again now that it's Guardians of the Galaxy themed. I really don't like the whole "ghost" thing they had going before.
  10. Read the whole Bible - again, I've grown up in a Christian home, I probably should've done this before, but I never really committed to it. I read the whole thing last year, though (more like between August 2015 and July 2016, but it's still a year)
     If I spent more time I could probably come up with more, but maybe I'll do a part two another time since I'm lazy and don't want to think of anymore. Plus, ten is a nice number, isn't it?

     Anyway... Thanks for reading, have a great week, all that jazz. See ya next week, for the official wrap-up of my first week of school!!


No comments:

Post a Comment