8.07.2017

A Break from the Usual...

     Welcome to Anna's Family Blog! How lame of a title is that, isn't it? Proof I named it when I was seven. :) I thought it was eight, but I just went back and checked, and I was actually seven. That was almost nine years ago, guys! Crazy, isn't it?!



     Well, as you can see from the title, today is going to be a little not normal. Don't worry, I'm not getting too crazy, here. I'm just going to share a recipe that my mom has made for as long as I can remember and is really good. Though apparently, I didn't like it when my mom first made it. But we don't like to dwell on that because it could be a real argument breaker at some point.

     So! Moving on. :) The recipe is Biscuits and Gravy. I don't know why I capitalized that. Should I italicize it? (Brief break while I debate in my head... Nope, we're not italicizing it.)

     Can I say, it is one of the most amazing things you'll ever taste. Unless you dislike biscuits and gravy, for some strange reason. On our birthdays, we're allowed to pick our dinner that mom makes for us, and more often than not, I've picked this. Its amazingness is helped by the fact that we don't have it all that often.

      Well... You're probably dying now to hear the recipe after that hype-up, no? Here it is!


Ingredients:

Biscuits:
1 cup flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon butter or margarine

Gravy:
1/2 lb pork sausage
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
3 tablespoons flour
1 and 3/4 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Instructions:

     Set oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

     For the biscuits, combine wet and dry ingredients separately then add wet to dry until just blended. Drop by tablespoon fulls onto a cookie sheet or a stone to bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.

      Meanwhile, cook sausage until no longer pink. Add butter and stir until melted. Sprinkle with flour, then slowly add the milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil for two minutes.

     Serve the gravy over the biscuits for the best biscuits and gravy you've ever had. :)


     Obviously, I'm not one of those food bloggers, so this isn't very official... But I thought I'd try sharing a recipe just for fun. It is my blog, and I can do what I want, can't I? Plus, you, my dear readers, should know about this amazing food. :)

     One quick note before I close: I'm working on some blog stuff, mostly getting some coding and other stuff done. You've probably noted that I have not been updating the "Quote of the Week" section in quite a long time. Honestly, it started to get really boring and didn't really seem to enhance anything. Starting this month, I'm going to change it to a "Quote of the Month" feature. That way I'll be able to pick some more meaningful ones, and I won't have to worry about it every week.

     The quote for August is this:
Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.    Ephesians 4:29 (NASB)

     Thanks for reading! Have a great week! I'm going to be enjoying my last week of summer and trying not to wish it by too quickly. I'm excited about school, guys - like, really excited. Even though that's not exactly going to last very long once it actually starts. But I'll savor it!

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment