8.05.2017

Life Update #7

     Well, everyone. We've come to the second to last Saturday of summer, which means - joyful adulation!! School is almost heeerrrrreeeeee! (You will be kind enough not to remind me of this in approximately four months, when I am sick and tired of school - thank you.) But it's also the beginning of my last week of summer, so I'm going to enjoy it.


     This entails cleaning my room, cleaning my desk area, and starting to get up early in preparation for the need to get up early on school weeks. Absolute joy, is it not? (Please note that sarcasm.) But it is worth not being bored.


     The last time I did one of these was two weeks ago, and not much has happened in those two weeks. There was a lot of settling going on, and we met up with friends several times (mostly Triniti's family). That first Sunday, we didn't go to church.

     Monday was lazy, Tuesday was lazy, Wednesday we went to Chick-fil-A to meet with Triniti's family, Thursday was lazy, Friday we spent most of the day with Triniti's family (or watching TV - eyes younger siblings), Saturday was lazy, Sunday was church! Glorious.

     Wow, Sunday's getting it's own paragraph. This is a big deal, guys. We went to big church (yes, I still call it that) for first service, and then I went to youth group for second. It was great to be able to see all my friends and all the familiar faces. Just being at church is so peaceful for me. I have a lot of good memories there.

     Sunday afternoon was lazy, but Sunday evening we had a concert for a band called I Am They at church. It was really good, plus I got to talk more with friends afterwards. I have discovered I really enjoy talking to people I'm comfortable with. Like, really enjoy it. It's kinda crazy.

     Sheesh, Sunday got two paragraphs. The rest of the week was lazy... Except for two days: Monday, which we spent the day with Triniti's family at the beach, and Friday night, which was when Mom, Leah and I went to a conference.

     I don't know if you've heard of Jaquelle Crowe. She wrote a book recently called This Changes Everything: How the Gospel Transforms the Teen Years that I read and loved. Anyway, I found out that she and her dad (who's a pastor) were coming to Southern California for a few days to do several events. One of these said events was a short conference on Friday night at a church not an hour from where we live. So of course, I asked if we could go, and we did, and I got to meet Jaquelle (and her dad). So that was pretty awesome!

     Come back Monday for another fascinating post! (I'm so lame at wrapping these things up.)



No comments:

Post a Comment