11.28.2016

Gobbler Games 2016

     Happy (late) Thanksgiving everyone! This year was our seventh annual Gobbler Games. We invite family and friends over to hang out, watch football (and play it), eat food and the highlight of the day - play games! But these are no normal games.




     My mom and dad put together a bunch of really silly games (see below for this year's). Everybody five and up participates and the winner gets a trophy. Second and third get a ribbon and a pin, respectively.
The prizes... Trophy on the left, the pin right under it, and the ribbon.
     The highlight (kinda) of the games was my dad's jumbotron, complete with a disco ball. It was quite - interesting. ;)

     We played five games, and I'm gonna quickly recap each. The first game involved stacking red Solo cups in a pyramid, then putting them back in a stack. 
I'm in the far right of this picture.
     The next game was called 'Autumn Breeze'. Dad said it sounded like a Bath and Body Works fragrance name, and I think it kinda does. :) There was a row of cups across the table, and you had to blow into the balloon and aim the air at the cups. The goal was to get the cups to fall off the table. May I say - I stank at this game.
I'm very intense. XD
     Next, we played a penny stacking game. I did rather well on this one, and got 32 pennies in my stack. 
Again, very focused. I get rather competitive, which is strange,
seeing as I don't really care about winning or not.
     The fourth game involved moving ping pong balls from bowl to bowl. Trick? You had to do it with a spoon... in your mouth... with the bowls a foot apart! It's actually easier than you would think. You just have to make sure your ping pong ball is on your spoon. 
Waiting to start.
     Finally, we had to bounce ping pong balls on a table and try to get them into this blue tic-tac-toe type of thing. See the picture if that's confusing. XD I did pretty badly on this game.
I didn't realize how intense I look playing these games!
     So those are the games! It was fun, as always, but it seems that every year I care less and less about the games and how I do. I'm starting to care more about hanging out with friends. It's weird - I'm growing up! :)

     Afterwards, we do a white elephant gift exchange. I got a paper model (that you build yourself) of Neuschwanstein, a castle in Germany that the Disney castle is based off of. It's pretty cool, and Jack's going to build it for me.

     And that was Gobbler Games 2016!! And as an update for my finger (see last week's post), it's completely healed. There may be a tad tiny bit of bruising still, but it's super faint and I can type (and play the piano!!) without it hurting. 

    Something to be thankful for, fittingly. :) Our quote for this week is from C.S. Lewis, one of my all-time favorite authors:
He loved us not because we were lovable, but because He is love.
     How true!! Thanks for reading and have a wonderful week! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment