9.30.2019

September Happenings

     Hello all! Haven't done one of these in a hot second... XD Also don't know if I've ever used that phrase before. I guess there's a first time for everything! Seriously, the last time I did one of these was in April...




     Anyway, let's get into it... I'm sorta just gonna blurt out all the words so here we go!




     The major thing that happened at the beginning of September was Hurrican Dorian. At first, it looked like it would hit us really hard, so we got very prepared. But it was also a super slow hurricane, so we basically sat around doing nothing for a few days... and then it turned north and didn't even make landfall. Hense the little joke there. I found that hilarious.




     During the hurricane (or "hurricane" as I've started calling it...), I finished painting a mural that I've been working on - it's all California themed with In-n-Out and mountains and various Norco landmarks... It was really fun to make and surprisingly not that hard. I'm not much of an artist, but I think it turned out okay!

     We also found a frog in our toilet, and proceeded to flush it down said toilet (which was quite an adventure) and we took several car rides as we waited for Dorian to hit. One of them included the dog, who refused to look at the camera. What can you do? *shrugs





     There was an absolutely gorgeous sunset soon after the hurricane. The picture doesn't even do it justice but I had to include it. I saw at least two pictures on Facebook of it. We also went and volunteered at Missionary Flights International to help pack some boxes of food for the Bahamas. 

     It wasn't super fun, but it was interesting and I'm glad we could help. I think Leah and I packed about forty 1' by 1' boxes. And we got to go inside one of their airplanes, which was super cool.






     Our Chick-fil-A is currently closed for a month-long remodel (we're due to open the week of October 7th, I think), so here's a bunch of random photos from my time off. I made about 40 burritos to freeze and use for breakfast and that took me literally two and a half hours - and running out of tortillas twice.

     We also did an escape room (a late Father's Day gift for Dad) and we got out in thirty minutes with no clues. Only our second one as a family, but clearly nailing it. We're not competitive at all. XD

     We also had several team meetings for Chick-fil-A: one training day, a CPR certification day, and then just a general meeting. I'm so excited to reopen - we'll have some breakfast and coffee. I'm not a huge hot coffee drinker but I love our frosted coffee and the iced coffee is pretty good too.




     Probably the biggest highlight of the month was our church's College & Career retreat. It was incredibly helpful, challenging and encouraging, and a lot of fun too. I literally only took that one photo plus a little video the entire retreat so that's all you're getting. XD

     Otherwise, I did a lot of cooking, helping around the house, got together with a few people, and visited some Bible studies that our church hosts (in varying degrees of involvement) at a few college campuses nearby. Oh! And our house closed on the 25th.

     Overall, I'd say September was a pretty good month. My last full month as a minor! I'm looking forward to work starting again (even though it would be kinda nice to not have anything to do all day... except I'd get stir crazy so I don't know) and to just continuing to settle in. Maybe even buy a house soon...? I dunno. XD

     Thanks for reading and I'll see ya next week!

~ Anna




What did you do in September? Any exciting plans for October??

No comments:

Post a Comment