8.26.2019

My gap year and fall plans!

     So... as you may or may not know, I graduated high school this spring. I'm not going to college this fall (the plan is to go in fall of 2020, though) and I'm taking a gap year. In April I gave a little bit of a rundown of what I was planning to do, but since then I've nailed down a lot more of the details, so I thought I would share that.



     Basically, this is both a) super easy to write, b) super fun to write, and c) hopefully a little interesting. So enjoy!

     Church has been going really well. I'm really enjoying it! Some of my over-planning has worked out, some of it hasn't, but that's fine. I think I've made the beginnings of a few friendships, which is super nice. Building friendships is so hard though... Sometimes I just want to go live as a hermit and never talk to anyone. 

     As far as a job goes... I applied at a freestanding Chick-fil-A near where we live but they never got back to me. I applied, and about a week afterward I got an email saying that they'd contact me within the week. A week passed and I called them multiple times, but it went to voicemail every single time. Rather frustrating.

     In the meantime, Jack got a job at the same Chick-fil-A one of our cousins works at. I ended up asking them if they were hiring, and even though they technically weren't (because of a renovation that's coming up), because of my previous experience they hired me. That was a blessing and I'm super thankful for that.

     And then on the way to orientation at the second Chick-fil-A, five and a half weeks after I applied at the first Chick-fil-A, and four and a half weeks after they said they would call me, low and behold... they call me. Literally on my way to orientation. I didn't pick up, but I got a good laugh out of it. XD

     So I'm closing up my first week of working for this Chick-fil-A and it's been going pretty well! There's been the normal new-job jitters and learning curves, but thankfully it's all pretty similar to my Chick-fil-A in California. 

     Other plans for this fall - I'm definitely taking piano lessons (from a very talented teacher) and I'm both super excited for and also very nervous for. I have not been super diligent with piano for a lot of my time taking it, and so I'm not nearly as good as I could be. I'm still thinking through starting to learn the violin or viola, but I'm not 100% sure if that will work out or if it's something I really want to pursue.

     I'm also (probably) going to take the SAT again in October, which I am not excited for, but if I can get even a tiny bit of a higher score, it would be super helpful. But I'm really not too invested in that... I've been doing some SAT practice stuff on Khan Academy, but that's pretty much it. I'm also studying to take the College Algebra CLEP (which is a test you can take to get college credit), so hopefully that goes well. I'm not a math person... XD

     As far as fall plans go, that's pretty much it for now... something else might come up, but we'll handle that when it comes. I'm planning on working about thirty hours a week at my new Chick-fil-A, and for someone who really only worked fifteen to twenty hours... that's a lot. I'm just a tad stressed out. XD But I know it will all be fine.

     Thanks for reading, and I'll see you again next week!

~ Anna


What are your plans for this fall? Do you have school, work, something else I haven't thought of?

2 comments:

  1. Lol it's nice to know that I'm not the only person who considered becoming a hermit after moving. Good luck on your SAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a pretty common emotion... thankfully. And thanks! I need all the luck I can get. XD

      Delete