10.29.2018

My Chick-fil-A Story {part two}

   Here I am! Yippee for sort of having time to write a blog post. XD Fair warning - this is going to be mostly pictures since I don't have a bunch of time to write anything. So as I covered in my last post, I got hired on August 1st and had orientation on August 10th.


     After orientation, I had a checklist to do. That's a theme - our operator loves checklists. I'm not entirely opposed to that either. It's nice to have a sense of direction. This first checklist included some online Chick-fil-A training where I learned all the secrets. ;) It was actually mostly just dress code, food safety, and Chick-fil-A standards. Interesting stuff.

     I also had to complete a food safety training course so I could get my food safety card (90% sure that's what it's called). That cost about $25, but it was pretty easy. I passed without much effort at all.

      Finally, finally, after I had that week of training I got to go in for my very first day of in-person training. I got scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8 to 12. Each day was focused on a different area - window, front counter, dining room, and face to face.

     For the first day, I spent the first hour/thirty minutes listening to my trainer take orders via headset and helping to fill/prepare drinks. I even took a few orders myself. That job is stressful, lemme tell you, especially when you don't know where the buttons are on the screen to put the order in. XD

Here's me heading to work the very first day. I still
hadn't gotten my slip-proof shoes (I got them when I
arrived this morning) so that's why I have "normal"
shoes on.

And here is Mom's creepy stalk-y picture of me
filling a coffee cup.
     Day two was focused on the front counter. This was where I learned the places on the screen a lot better. But I still wasn't super fluent in them so it was super stressful. XD Also, I couldn't multitask and fill drinks at the same time, which made ordering take a lot longer.

I'm not 100% sure that this was my second day,
but judging from the intense expression on my
face, it probably was. XD
      Day numero tres (three for you non-Spanish speakers - so I guess that technically includes me but whatever) was spent learning how to do the dining room. That is, I spent the last hour learning how to do the dining room since the person who taught me didn't get in until eleven. That was fine by me though, I got to practice doing front counter more, and I needed that practice.

     Day number vier (four for you non-German speakers - there we go...) we worked on face to face. I was taught by a super great fellow homeschooler named Hannah (not to be confused with the Hannah I interviewed with). It was very wise of them to make this day the last thing because I had a better grip of where the buttons are on the ordering screen.

Once again, I'm not 100% sure I was still training
here, but I think I was. If I wasn't, it was pretty
early on.
     And then after that, I was given a 30-day checklist that included about 32 things I needed to learn to do (like brewing tea, cleaning the windows/bathrooms, and so on). Once I completed that list they reviewed my performance (or something...?) and I became a certified team member at my Chick-fil-A!

     For the record, I'm not sure that this is the process for every Chick-fil-A - in fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't. It's just the way our operator runs things. It's a bit stressful but once again, I love the checklist system and it wasn't that hard to complete.

      To round out this post, I'm just gonna dump the two other pictures I have on you...

Me at the window! Probably one of my favorite jobs.
It's never slow, and rarely too stressful - at least
if you have a good bagger and/or drink-filler.

Boasting my dining room apron - the apron you
have to wear when you're doing dining room.
I usually have about ten to seven minutes to scarf
my food down so that's what I'm doing here. XD
     And that's it for this week! I hope you had an awesome week and that the week ahead goes well. Talk to y'all later!

~ Anna


Which place would you like to work at if you could at Chick-fil-A (window, dining room, face to face, or front counter)? Which sounds the hardest?

No comments:

Post a Comment