2.13.2017

Valentine's Day

     Welcome!! As you probably know, Valentine's Day is tomorrow. So this week's post is going to have a little video explaining the history of Valentine's Day. I think it's really interesting to learn about all the history behind the holidays. And Valentine's Day is not just about lovers and candy and hearts.




     We don't really do anything special for Valentine's Day. Sometimes we'll get some candy or something in the morning, but we don't do the whole 'be my Valentine' or send out cards. I remember sending cards to friends a long time ago, but that was it.

     And I totally don't mind! Besides the fact that I don't want to have the temptation of chocolate and sweets, I honestly think the whole 'be my Valentine' thing is just a waste of my time. XD I'm way to busy with school and stuff to worry about Valentines. ;)

     But... I do find the history cool. There is some debate over what the original Valentine's story is, but the video below is the best I could find, and it summarizes one of the most popular theories that I saw doing research. :) So, without further ado, here's the video:



     The most common thing I saw that disagreed with the story above was that Valentine didn't fall in love with the jailer's daughter, they just became good friends or something along those lines. But again, this was the closest and best quality video I could find. ;)

     I wrote another post related to Valentine's Day last week at the other blog I contribute to: TAJ News Blog. Take a look if you're interested! It talks about love from a Biblical perspective. :)

     And our quote for this week is a famous passage about love from the Bible: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a.
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
     Thanks for reading, and remember the real person behind Valentine's Day, Valentine, an early martyr of the church.



No comments:

Post a Comment