2.06.2017

My (kinda) Planned Life

     Welcome! This year, I'm trying to keep my life a little bit more organized. (That's one of my 2017 goals: number eight.) Today I'm going to show you a bit of my process. I am by no means a expert, but I love to organize, and I love to have things organized. So this is what works for me, as well as little bit of a glance into my life. :)




     I bought myself this planner by Day Designer from Target. The link is Amazon 'cause I couldn't find it on Target anymore. I did not pay thirty dollars for it! It was only about ten dollars at Target. It turned out to be bigger than I thought it would be (about the size of a sheet of paper) but I'm liking the size okay. :)

     This planner has a two page monthly view and a two page weekly view. I really like the monthly one so I can get a look at my entire month. I have a lot of things that are very regular (piano lessons, church, small group, my brother's basketball practices) but other things that are not regular at all and were easy to forget if I didn't look at my mom's calendar every day.

      Side story: I was at my computer, working on school about a month and a half ago. I was planning to finish the paper, then do some research for I think a history paper... I needed the Internet. Then, the power just shuts off out of nowhere. I kinda freaked out for a minute, but then Jack informed me that this was a scheduled power outage to fix some power lines. It was on Mom's calendar, he said. Scheduled from 10 in the morning to 2 that afternoon. Relief was soon followed by a 'wait a minute' moment. I couldn't do my research. You need power for wifi! Uggg...

     Anyway - that's why it's a good idea to check the calendar!! :) Now I can just copy everything from Mom's calendar to mine at the beginning of every month, and I'm a-okay!

     In the weekly spread, they have a side for notes and a side for to-dos (with little check boxes). I write out the big events during the day (anything on my monthly spread) in the schedule, and then I see how much time I have to complete school and stuff.

     Every week, Mom gives us a school sheet that has our school laid out for the week on each day. Because of government, I used to not have my Fridays available, so I would end up rescheduling things to get it all done in four days instead of five. Mom was fine with this, but I would often leave some stuff off until Thursday, then realize: I have government tomorrow! And proceed to freak out.

     So I started dividing what I had to do out, and then using the to-do section to write everything down and then mark it off. It was super nice! I'm kinda still doing the same thing, but it's been adjusted since I don't have government any more.

     I still try to plan around Fridays, because then I have a free day to do whatever - but now I can plan a little bit more on those days if I need to. I might update this post or add a postscript to another post if my method changes very much. I'm still kinda trying to get into a groove from the end of government.

     In the morning, I usually check my planner to see what I've got going for the week or for that particular day. I'll add to-dos that I think of and just get my mind in the groove for what I have to do. Monday morning is when I usually schedule out all my schoolwork.

     I'm also trying to follow a morning and evening routine a little bit more this new year. I was doing really well on both for about a week, but the evening routine has kinda dropped off the radar. At least morning is still intact!

      That's basically how I'm trying to be more organized with school and to-dos this year. I am naturally organized - meaning I like to be organized - but I often don't want to take the time to get organized (if that makes any sense). And when I do it kinda falls into non-organized-ness pretty quickly. ;)

     Anyway - here's our quote for the week. This one's pretty funny, I think. :)
Cleaning is just putting stuff in less obvious places.
    I find this method works well for the first day or so, but when someone - cough, Mom, cough -  finds out, you have double the mess to clean up. :) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment