1.09.2017

Bible Time Update: January 2017

     One of the ways I'm helping myself to implement my goal of consistent Bible time is to have a schedule. Not only for the year (or the month) but also a daily schedule with little boxes I can cross off. I'm the kind of person who likes everything in a neat list so I can check things off in order. It makes me feel so accomplished!!



     I'm also keeping my self accountable by scheduling several posts (once quarterly, I think - but I may do more, who knows?!) on this blog to explain what I'm doing and what I'm learning. I've found reading this type of stuff on other people's blogs has really helped me to get excited about my Bible reading plan... So I'm passing the love!

     I have a Bible study book that Mom assigns me for school. I have several throughout the year, and right now I'm working my way through Beauty in the Heart. I'm also reading my way through the Bible this year using the Bible Project's reading plan. (By the way, The Bible Project is great!! I love their videos.)

     I'm also making an effort to pray more regularly and purposefully. I do pray, but I rarely write down what I'm praying for, so I feel like I miss out on really seeing what God is doing in my life and in other's lives. I'm doing this by making myself a little prayer journal of sorts. It's in a binder I'm made for 2017 with routines and other stuff in it.

     So! I'm doing three things this year:
  1. Bible Project's reading plan
  2. Prayer journal and praying
  3. School thing Mom assigns (right now Beauty in the Heart)
     Those are the things I'm doing, here's how I'm doing it, on weekdays.

     Every morning I wake up around 6:30. I'm usually downstairs at my school desk doing Bible time by 6:45-6:50. After a short prayer, I read my Bible plan, noting any verses or sections that stand out. After that, I read my Psalm slowly, taking time to really digest it.

My Bible and reading plan
Read Scripture video! This is Genesis 1-11.
     Next I pray, pulling things from the Psalm and my past day or so to thank God for or praise Him for. Then I go through my 'daily' section in my prayer journal. It includes praise/thankfulness (Psalms!), my family and myself.

My Psalm and a prayer sheet
     I divided several other categories throughout the Sunday-Saturday. These include missionaries, persecuted believers (or believers in general), organizations that spread the gospel and/or have been influential in my life. my church and specifically the youth ministry, and the two-year olds I help out with on Sundays (half of the year, anyway). There's a few more, but that's most of the sections!

     After prayer, I do my school study (Beauty in the Heart). It's divided up into days, and every day I do a section. There's places to write out answers to questions or Bible verses, and it brings you through several passages of the Bible relating to inner beauty. I really like it!!


     That's basically all my Bible time right now... It will change in a month or so when I get a new school book. My next scheduled update will hopefully be sometime in March.

     Finally, our quote for the week. It's going to be a C.S. Lewis quote.
The fact that our heart yearns for something earth can't supply is proof that heaven must be our home.
     Hope you enjoyed! Come back next week... I'm going to start a new tradition (at least, hopefully!). I think I'm going to have as much fun with it as you will reading it. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment