8.19.2019

Disneyland versus Disney World

     I'm back with another blog post! I was planning to do this sometime in June or July, but time clearly got away from me and I barely posted. We visited Disney World in late May as part of our biannual family vacation. I've been to Disneyland a bunch, so I thought I would do a little post comparing one to the other.



     I think I'm definitely biased towards Disneyland because of all the memories I have there. We had passes for probably about four years in a row when we lived in California (from when I was seven to eleven - and maybe even a year or two when I was a teenager), so I have lots of nostalgia when I think of Disneyland. But I'm going to try and be objective as I "review" the two parks.

     As a little note - when I say "Disneyland", I'm referring to both Disneyland proper and California Adventure, the other park right across from Disneyland. And when I say "Disney World", I'm talking about the two parks that I visited: Magic Kingdom and Epcot. There are two other parks (Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom) that we didn't visit. 

     Let's start with the rides, shall we? They have quite a few rides that are different in Disney World, and even the rides that are the same name are built slightly differently. For example, the Thunder Mountain ride has a completely different layout, and the Splash Mountain ride has different log seating. I can't remember a ride I went on that was exactly the same between the two parks.

     But that doesn't mean that I liked the rides in Disney World less than the rides in Disneyland. (Most of the copy rides are actually only in Magic Kingdom - and a few in Hollywood Studios like the Tower of Terror.) They were just different. I actually liked the Magic Kingdom roller coasters (Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain) a lot. I went on all of them three times each.

     The weather was very different. This is something I'm still getting used to living in Florida... it is so humid compared to California. It makes the afternoons pretty icky. But honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It didn't rain both of the days we were there, which was unexpected as well. The first day in Magic Kingdom, the afternoon was pretty hot - but the second day in Epcot was really nice. A little warm, but nothing too bad.

     Definitely come with water and rain protection to Disney World. I guess I'd say the same for the water in Disneyland, but since it's just not as unbearably hot and you aren't sweating as much, it's not quite as important. Good walking shoes are key for both. And waterproof ones come in handy in Florida (or if you're going on Splash Mountain). XD

      Obviously, there is so much nostalgia for me in Disneyland, so for that reason alone it is probably my favorite. But I also think the ride selection is better in Disneyland. There might not be as many in California Adventure and Disneyland proper as there are in the four Disney World parks, but I think there's a perfect amount of rollercoasters/more "kiddy" rides in a much more concentrated area in Disneyland.

     If you've only ever been to Disneyland before and you're visiting Disney World for the first time, here are a few of my tips... Like I said, bring water! But also keep in mind that restaurants will give you free ice water (same as in Disneyland) so don't freak out too much about bringing enough to last the whole day. 

     The bugs aren't as big of a deal as you might think (or at least in my opinion). I didn't wear sunscreen and I didn't get a single bug bite for two whole days. They might be worse in Animal Kingdom since there's probably more water there... but you should be fine. 

     Waterproof walking shoes and some rain gear is key, especially if you're visiting in the summer (the rainy season). During the winter it might not be as important... but a few plastic ponchos don't take up much room, so better safe than sorry! (Again, in my opinion. XD)

     And I think that's pretty much it for this post! I hope you learned something about Disneyland/World.... and if not, at least you're (somewhat) prepared! XD 

     As always, thanks for reading, and I'll see you next week!

~ Anna


Have you ever been to Disneyland or Disney World? Which one have you visited more often (if you have been)? Which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment