8.12.2019

Cookies and books!

     Welcome back!! I've been holding on to this idea for a pretty long time now, and I thought it was finally time to actually do it. XD It's a little book tag that I originally found on Scattered Scribblings (now Savanah Grace Writes) where you equate a different book with eight different types of cookies.



     It's actually sorta embarrassing how easily I forget books that I've read. I literally had to go onto my Goodreads to look at books that I've read... It's not helpful that all my books are packed so I can't look at the ones I own.

     All that said, I'm not sure how well I stuck to the categories, but I think these things are fairly flexible. I'm just testing its flexibility. XD



Chocolate Chip

a book that never gets old



     This is a pretty new book, at least it was published sometime in the last few years, but I think it is 100% gonna be a classic. It's a super fun fantasy book that's actually part of a series. It's super clean and doesn't have any bad messages. Even though its typical reader might be quite a bit younger than me, I think it's a fun book for any age.


Dutch Snowball

a book that gave you an unexpected surprise



     I've loved The Lord of the Rings for sooo long, but I remember being absolutely shocked at how it ended. (Spoiler alert in case you haven't read it - and if you haven't.... go read it right now!) I obviously knew that Saron would be defeated and y'know... happy ending. But I did not see it coming that Frodo was going to leave with the elves. It made me so sad that he had to leave! Sam went afterward, though, which made me feel better about it. XD 


Molasses

a book with a character that gets into a sticky situation



     Seriously this is every single book ever. Conflict = a character in a sticky situation. BUT... I think one of the stickiest situations ever in any book is poor Edmund in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Like, look at what Aslan had to do to get him out of that mess! Anyhow...


Oreo

a book dealing with light and darkness



     This one isn't a fiction book, but I loved it. I got it for Christmas (or my birthday?) a while back, and it details the lives of the Romanov family - the last ruling imperial family of Russia. It definitely deals with light and darkness... they end up getting murdered by the Bolshevik Communists and that's pretty dark. But they were a really sweet, fairly normal, family.


Sugar

a book with a sugary sweet villain



     This is actually one of the ones that I remembered! I read this pretty recently. The villain is super sweet and seems all nice but then... plot twist! I won't give it away. XD I really did enjoy this book: pretty clean, good plot, all the jazz.


Monster

a book that confused your emotions



     This is the first book in a series called The Chronicles of the Kings. It's a Biblical historical fiction series focusing on the life of Hezikiah. There are several situations that pop up that really tore my emotions. On the one hand, I wanted Hezikiah to obey the Law, but at other times I just wanted him to do the opposite because it just made more sense! Anyway... confused emotions.


Snickerdoodle

a book that made you laugh



     Again - I have to mention the whole series (First Century Diaries) because I couldn't pick just one. These books are also historical fiction and they follow Paul around through his missionary journeys up until his death. There are some theological things that I don't agree with, but it really makes you realize that Paul and Barnabas and Timothy were just humans too. Some super funny moments. Probably have actually laughed out loud at it. XD


Peanut Butter

a book with a nutty character


     Um... what's nuttier than a demon? Maybe just plain out evil, but... I dunno. XD I love this book though. It's so interesting to look at spiritual things through completely different eyes. It makes it seem so much more real and gives you an interesting idea of how to fight sin. It's also pretty tiring to ready because you have to "translate" everything... "the Enemy" in the book is definitely not the enemy in real life.


     And that's it for this little tag thing! I think I'm technically supposed to "tag" someone to do this after me. But I'm too lazy. So. *grins* Thanks for reading! I'll see you next week. :)

~ Anna


What would you put for one or two of these categories? Have you read any of the books I mentioned?

No comments:

Post a Comment