6.03.2019

Dear Senior Year...

     Um. Hello. I graduated...?!? Last night was our church's homeschool group graduation/promotion ceremony and I walked the aisle and got my diploma and switched my tassel and all that jazz. I am not prepared for this!! I've seen a few posts like this so I thought I might as well word vomit on here and just spill all my thoughts and such. So here goes...


Dear senior year,


     (Cheesiest opening ever? Yes... but who cares?? XD)

     You are the culmination of twelve years of homeschooling - thirteen years if you count kindergarten. You are the end of my homeschooling career (at least as a student). I've experienced so many changes as a senior - getting my license, getting a job, old friends leaving, new friends coming, learning that we were moving, and so much more...

     You've seen me mature and grow in ways that I never expected and seen me deal with challenges and troubles I never saw coming. And you've seen how gracious and kind God has been to me through it all.

     Saying goodbye to you is saying goodbye to a piece of my life that I don't remember not being there. School has always been the constant, the rhythm I can depend on. Sometimes it's stressful, but most of the time it's comforting. Though I love when the school year ends, I'm just as excited for the school year to start. 

     While I'm not done with my schooling (at least probably not), this is still the end of an era It's crazy to think that I'm pretty much an adult now. I won't be eighteen until mid-October, but I'll be in the college and career group at our new church which means I'll be around a bunch of adults.

     I still feel like a kid a lot of the time... I can be so immature and silly with friends and I feel like I probably need to cut that back a bit, but I also still want to be myself. I went through so many challenges this past year and even during the past twelve years, and I know there are going to be a lot more challenges to deal with in the future.

     I guess there's not much else to say... I'm sorry for all the shorter posts recently but with all the moving/graduation/vacationing it's hard to find time to really think and write out something super long.

     I'll talk y'all next week! Thanks for reading. :)

~ Anna


What grade are you in? Or if you've graduated high school already, what were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment