5.27.2019

Bible Update: Moving Edition

     I like to do these types of updates every once in a while both to keep myself motivated and accountable (in a very cursory way) and to share what I'm doing with you guys to give you ideas/help. As if I could really do that... Maybe I flatter myself too much. 



     So this post is going to be pretty short because what I'm doing for Bible time is very simple. I'll probably be doing this type of thing through our move to Florida since we'll be on the move/driving/just generally busy. 

     All I need for my Bible time is my Bible and my Bible notebook. Literally, all I'm doing is reading through a book of the Bible (starting with Hebrews - that's what I'm still in) and taking notes to follow the trail of thought in the book. (I find it really easy to lose my place in the argument of the author, but it's so cool to follow along with that - I discovered this when I went through Galatians.)

     Here are some pictures that give you an idea of what it looks like...



     As you can see, it's super simple. The note taking part is basically to help me really digest what the passage is saying. Plus it's a great thing to go back to and read over more when I have more resources (my study Bible, commentaries, etc) and am able to answer any questions that I have. 

     Whelp... I didn't think this post would be this short but I've said everything I want to say so I guess this is it! The whole posting thing has been going pretty well (if I do say so myself). This next week is going to be crazy (it's our last week in California!) so hopefully I'll find some time to write the May update post... 

     Thanks for reading, and I'll see you later this week for the update post (*fingers crossed)! :)

~ Anna


What are you doing for Bible time currently? Do you have any tips for other easy Bible time ideas for road trips/traveling/moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment