3.18.2019

My Nighttime Routine

     Welcome back!! Today I'm going to be sharing my nighttime routine. Most of this consists of what I use to take care of my face and teeth and such, but I wanted to expand it beyond that to what I do before actually going to bed and stuff like that... It'll make more sense in the flow of the actual post. XD



     I don't really have anything much to say, so here's what I do every night (at least the vast majority of them)!


First I change into my pajamas (obviously). Then I get ready to wash my face by putting my hair up and then putting on a headband to keep those flyaways out of the way. I also try to clean up any laundry and stuff that I have out.


Next, because I'm so forgetful, I like to lay everything out in the order that I like to do it. That way I won't forget anything.


First up, wash the makeup off my face! I use Purpose face wash, which I get from Target. It's basically what I've always used since I started washing my face. (Ignore the weird wave thing I'm trying to do. XD)


Dry the face off... I felt the urge to photograph everything so that's what you're getting.


I have three different types of facemasks that I'm trying to use up. This one is from Mary Kay and it's a face mask or scrub - depending on how you want to use it. Mom gave it to me.


Tonight I used it as a scrub... Here's that picture. XD


Then I've used this witch hazel on and off but it's getting really low so I'm trying to use it up. I honestly have no clue what it actually acomplishes... I think it's a natural toner or something. I also think it might help finish taking dead skin and stuff off my face. But I don't really know for sure. I use cotton balls for this, everything else I just rub in with my fingers.


And then I use argan oil as a moisturizer. My face is super dry naturally, so after using all that my face is craving som oil or moister. This is what's in the little pink bottle at the top. I'm almost out of this, then I'm going to try a new moisterizer. We'll see how that goes! 


And then I have this eye cream. Apparently (according to a makeup artist at Sephora) my eyes are a little dry - which makes sense with my face being so dry - so I've been using this for a while. It makes my eyelids feel so smooth and soft. Just one little dot on each eyelid, then rub it in with my finger.



Then I brush my teeth! While apparently making pretty angry looking faces at the mirror... XD


Then I floss... Not every day, but pretty close.


Then I use this mouthwash that we've had forever and I'm trying to use up. While I'm swishing it around I also put everything away and wipe up any messes I may have made.


Then the retainers go in!!


My feet are pretty dry right now so I've been using this fairly often on my feet before I go to bed. You just put it on and then put socks on and your feet get softer and softer as you use it.


Then I read the daily Days of Praise and write in my journal.


And I usually try to read something before bed. If I'm completely exhausted I might also listen to a podcast or something like that.

     Tada! That's my nighttime routine. I don't always do all of these things, but it's pretty close to what I do. One thing I realized from writing this is that I'm trying to use up a lot of things. XD

     Talk to y'all next time...

~ Anna


Do you have a nighttime routine? What's one thing that you absolutely have to do before you go to bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment