2.05.2018

My Favorite Things About Winter

     I'm going to do a little four-part series this year about my favorite things about each season. I definitely have a favorite season (*cough* fall *cough*), but there are things I really enjoy about every season.



     So since it is currently winter, I'm going to kick off this little series with five of my favorite things about winter. Here it is!


1. Sleeping in


     Like a typical teenager, I love sleeping. I've actually only discovered the "skill" to sleep in past eight or nine in the morning in the past year or so. Now I can easily make it till nine and it's not that uncommon that I do later on Saturdays.

     So I jump on any chance to sleep in, and of course, Christmas break during the winter is the best time to sleep in. Plus, since it's generally a little cooler I feel really cozy in my bed which makes it so nice. *sighs


2. Christmas


     What's not to love about Christmas? (Other than how stinkin' busy it is. I like my quiet time thank you very much.) I gave some pretty epic gifts this Christmas to people (mostly my siblings, but also my cousin and parents) and I was super excited for that.

     I also really like eating all the traditional Christmas food when we get together with my mom's side of the family (black olives, orange jello salad, pigs in a blanket: soo yummy).


3. Rain


     This is fairly uncommon in Southern California but it happens the most in the winter so I'm putting it here. It rained for a few days basically straight which was so amazing. I love the smell of rain in the air and the look of the ground and the sky right after it rains. 


4. Hot chocolate


     So I made a second attempt at a little boutique thing our homeschool group puts on after failing epically last year (I think I lost close to $80... Thankfully Mom dug me out of that hole). I decided to make homemade hot chocolate and packaged it all up super cute. I had a total of 48 jars of two different sizes.

     Guess how many I sold? Four. I'm not even sure I sold that many. So Mom once again came to the rescue and bought the rest from me. Needless to say, we now have a lot of hot chocolate. Thank goodness it tastes really good. XD There's not much better than a cup of hot chocolate and a book on a rainy day.


5. Being cozy


     I love dressing in super comfy, warm clothes and basically the only time where you can do that in Southern California (at least without sweating bullets) is in the winter - or maybe the late fall. 

     The cool weather also makes it amazing to sit on the couch under a fuzzy blanket and just chill in my comfy clothes... I love being comfortable and relaxing. Could you tell? XD

     And that's my little list of some of my favorite things about winter! Hope you enjoyed and be sure to check out my latest post over at TAJ

     In other news, Jessica (one of the co-founders/co-writers at TAJ) started her own blog, so be sure to check that out as well! It's called Traveling Food Blogger and there are some pretty cool posts on there so far. I especially like the pictures. Jessica has a real knack for taking them.

     Thanks for reading and I'll see you next week! :)

~ Anna

What's your favorite season? What do you like (or not like) about winter?

1 comment:

  1. I love fall! I get to wear comfy clothes and eat pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete