7.22.2017

Life Update #6

     I know, I know. I missed the past few update posts. For good reason! Family vacation week (July 1st - 7th) wasn't very busy, but there was a lot of hanging out with family and not a lot of screen time. Which I was fine with, but it doesn't exactly help with the whole 'post once a week' thing. :)


     After that was summer camp week, during which I wasn't allowed to have any electronics with me. (Minus my camera - I have a few pictures.) Then when I got back from that, I was sick (stomach/throat/nose/basically anything that can get sick). It was miserable. But I survived! Sickness also doesn't help with the posting problem.

     So! I'm back at home now, and I can finally get around to posting about the last three weeks. Starting off with family vacation... It was awesome! Our rental was literally a two minute walk to the beach (give or take, depending on how quickly you could get across the rather major thoroughfare between our house and the beach). There was a lot of beach and pool time, and a lot of games played.

     Surprisingly, I actually read a lot. I went to the beach a few times, but overall, I didn't really feel like it. Which is kinda weird. I guess I'm growing up. (Officially freaks out.) And then we did a lot of games. Reverse Gestures was hilarious, and Code Names and Password were also favorites. I'm a little tired of both of them at this point.

     We also did this awesome scavenger hunt thing. (We being all the high school aged kids - that's five including me, and our older cousin as a chauffeur.) It was so much fun. We had two hours to do it, and some of the items were really weird. More standard ones included: a plastic fork, a seashell, a Myrtle Beach deck of cards, and so on. A few weird ones were: a live fish (lovingly named Goldie), a three question interview with an employee at Krispy Kreme, and a real menu from a sit down restaurant (not one of the "take out" ones). That last one was the best - and most embarassing - to get. XD

     I left with the Florida cousins Friday night. We got to their house Saturday morning, unpacked, did laundry, then repacked for camp. Sunday morning, we left the house for church, had lunch, then left the church campus (after changing out of church clothes). The drive was about two hours, then we were there!!

     This was my first ever summer camp, and I have mixed feelings. I absolutely loved it, but I also got pretty sick to my stomach for about three days straight in the middle, which made parts of it no fun. But overall, I think I learned a lot from the sermons, and I managed to do a lot of really fun things. (Including my first violin-piano duet, which was amazing. This guy there had been playing for ten to eleven years, and honest to goodness improvised a violin part to a piano song I started playing. I just about died.)

     Maybe more on camp later... A lot happened that one week. After camp, it was back to my cousins house, one more round of packing/unpacking and laundry, and then I left Saturday afternoon to go to the airport, where I met up with my esteemed father and we flew together back to Wisconsin.

     This past week, we've driven from Wisconsin to California. I didn't take many pictures - I wasn't feeling well, as noted above. We did Abraham Lincoln's home in Springfield, Tallgrass Prairie Reserve in Kansas, and the Bradberry Science Museum in Los Alamos, New Mexico - and a lot of other things.

     This post has already sucked up enough of my time - maybe I'll update more in upcoming weeks (but no promises!). That's all for now, and I'll probably see you on Monday. Fair warning - I might also take a week long break to rejuvenate after the craziness that is road tripping. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment