10.03.2016

These are a few of my favorite things...

     "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm winter mittens, brown paper packages tied up with string: these are a few of my favorite things!" Sorry. Had to go into that if I start it. :) Anyway, enough of the Sound of Music. Today I'm tackling some of my favorite things about fall.




   In honor of October (which I consider the first month of fall) I'm going to share somethings about my favorite season. So - here are my top ten favorite things about fall...

1. My birthday!

     Obviously. I mean... Who doesn't love their birthday? Mine's on October 14th, and this year we'll be flying out to Florida around my birthday to spend time with our cousins! (Two of whom have birthdays really close to mine - the 9th and the 10th!) So I'm looking forward to that!!

2. The fall colors...

     I love pretty fall colors, the oranges and reds and yellows... All the pretty trees. The bummer is that in Southern California, it doesn't really get cold enough for the trees to lose their leaves... Which means no colors. And the fact that half the trees around here are palm trees. XD

3. Cooler weather

     Again - SoCal is not known for its cold weather... more like it's warm-all-year-round weather. Which is kinda a bummer cause I love the cool weather (not freezing cold, cool - mid 50s/60s). But every once and a while you do get a few days that are nice and cool and make you want to wrap up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book... 

4. Football!!

     I love football. And I love the Green Bay Packers (Translation: I love watching the Packers.) My mom is a Wisconsin native, and she swayed my dad (from Michigan) into a loyal Packer - so I grew up with the Packers. Seriously, though... I remember my mom threatening to tickle us unless we rooted for the Packers. And I also remember Leah insisting she was Brett Farve's daughter, and rooting for the Vikings (of all teams!!) when they played the Packers. But those stages have passed, and now we're all loyal Packer fans. :)

5. Sweaters and sweatshirts

     I really like to cozy up when it does get cool. I like the look of sweaters (though I hardly ever wear them) a lot. I always end up in sweatshirts. I probably have about six to eight different sweatshirts in my closet - and I can't get rid of any of them! It's kinda sad... But I have room for them, so why not?

6. Thanksgiving & the Gobbler Games

    The Gobbler Games?? Oh yeah! The Gobbler Games is something we do every Thanksgiving. We have people over and play a bunch of rather silly games, then hang out and eat dinner together - followed by a white elephant gift exchange! Mom and Dad started doing this in 2010, and it's become a tradition. This year will be our seventh annual, and stay tuned - I'll probably do a post on it!

7. Halloween

     We don't go trick or treating, but our church usually does a 'fall fest' where you can play games and get candy, and everyone dresses up. It's really fun! This year me and some of my friends are going to all go together with Lord of the Rings themed costumes. I'm going to be Eowyn, and I've already sewn my dress.

8. Apple cider & cozy socks

     I really like apple cider (especially warm, but the only time we do that is for Gobbler Games or Christmas Eve with family - another reason to like both of those events!) and wearing socks. Wearing socks sounds like a weird thing to have on your list of favorite things - but I really don't like wearing socks when it's warm out. When it's nice and cool out, why not!? 

9. Foggy mornings...

     We don't get a bunch of foggy mornings in SoCal (following the its-always-warm-here trend) but when you do, they are awesome! We have a hill close behind our house (maybe 60/70 yards away) and if you get a really foggy morning, you can't see the hill! It's so awesome. :)


     Finally - the quote of the week. This one is from the Bible, and it's one of my favorite verses.

     Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed. If you're hungry for more of 'My Favorite Things' - here you go! (Sorry about the iffy quality...)

     Have a great fall! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment