10.24.2016

My Birthday!!

     So if you read the TAJ blog, you'll know a little bit about my birthday already. Today I'm basically going to take that post, expand it, and add a bunch of pictures. :) Enjoy!


     I turned fifteen on October 14th. Government class was that morning, so I woke up, tried to eat (I usually can't eat before, because I'm too nervous. I don't know why. I don't feel nervous in my head, just my stomach decides to rebel.) and got ready.


     Mom got up extra early to make me a apple crisp to take to class. After we got that all settled in the box to bring, Triniti's mom pulled up to pick me up. After a quick stop, she drove me and some other people who go to government to class.

     During a break at class everybody sang Happy Birthday to me, and then we ate the apple crisp. It was so good, especially considering I hadn't had much of anything that morning to eat.

     After class, Triniti's mom drove us to the pick up point. It was there that I was presented with a card that told me I was having a birthday party sleepover that night and that all my friends would be coming home with me from the pick up place. (Jessica was the only one who didn't go to government in that car, and she joined us while we were eating dinner.) I was so excited!

     We all went home and relaxed a little, which consisted of eating something (It's 1:00 at this point, and I wasn't very hungry, surprisingly!) and playing a game of Clue. I won the game. *Smiles proudly.* I used to be really good a Clue, but I lucked out on this one and literally knew who the person was on my first guess... In my six (ish??) year experience of playing Clue, that has never happened to me or to anyone I was playing with. Anyway - that was cool.

     I also made my cake at this point... It's a tradition to make your cake the day of or the day before your birthday. I choose chocolate this year, and we all ate some of the batter afterwards...

My little tradition is to put a bit of cake batter on my nose for a picture...
Even though I'm fifteen, I figured why stop the tradition?!?
     Next we went to dinner - In-n-Out. Not a very glamorous choice, but it sounded really good to me. Jessica joined us at dinner, and we went to a carmel apple decorating class right afterwards. The class lasted almost two hours, but it was really interesting.

      We each made three: a tuxedo, an apple-pie, and one that we could pick whatever topping we wanted. I picked Butterfinger... yummy! I also got to pick a cupcake and everybody sang Happy Birthday to me again.

Helping out with melting the white chocolate.
Love my hat, no?
      It was about 8:45 when we got back to the house. We opened presents before my siblings had to go to bed. I got a lot of really fun stuff!

     After presents, my siblings went to bed, and my friends and I broke out the snacks. We hung around for a while, and then started watching a movie (Thor). It had a bit of a cliffhanger, so when we finished it, we went on to the next one: Thor: A Dark World. Of course, that one had an even worse cliffhanger than the first one, and Thor: Ragnarok doesn't come out until November 2017. Agggg. I guess I'll have to be patient.

     Only four of the five made it up until the end of the second Thor, and only three of us really stayed up talking much afterwards. I went to bed at 3:30 in the morning. Triniti and I were the first ones up, around seven. Three and a half hours of sleep is a new record for me!

     Triniti and I ate breakfast and played a card game, then when everybody else woke up, we got ready and people started leaving almost right away.
Me and Serena... Yes, I'm in my pajamas still.
Me and Faith
Me, Jessica and Triniti
     Overall, it was a really fun birthday!! I'm super thankful for all my great friends. :)

     Later that day I frosted and decorated my cake and then my family sang Happy Birthday to me again (if you're counting, that's three times... I don't think I've ever been sung to that many times). We ate the cake (and it was really good).

I got really artistic with this cake...
Even wiping the plate so it was clean of chocolate frosting.
And this is just a cool picture... That's an apple in the corner.

I barely got all fifteen out - next year will be fun. ;)
     So that's a quick overview of my birthday! It was really fun, and I still haven't recived one gift. My grandma and I were joking that I may win the prize for the longest birthday celebration ever. It started October 11th when my cousin and I went out for high tea in Florida. It still hasn't ended! That's thirteen days and counting! XD

     The quote for this week is from a hymn that I really like. We went to Grace Community Church's women's conference on Saturday, and the speaker there mentioned this verse...

     "See Him prostrate in the garden;
     On the ground your Maker lies
     On the bloody tree behold Him;
     Sinner, will this not suffice?"

     I really like this hymn and would encourage you to listen to it. I couldn't find a version with this verse in it, but the tune is the same for all the verses.

     Anyway - that's my post for this week, and the nearly the last one for October! It's so crazy this month is almost already over. We got a bit of fall Sunday night with a nice rain and some thunder and lightning. I love it when it rains!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment