8.02.2016

Interesting News

     Welcome! Today I'm going to be doing something more along the lines of news than the more personal line I usually take. I'm really into history, and I read a news article recently that the person who tried to assassinate President Ronald Reagan in 1981, John Hinckley Jr., will be released as early as tomorrow.



     Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity in 1982. He was obsessed with actress Judie Foster, and attempted to shoot the president to impress the actress.

     He was placed in a psychiatric hospital in Washington. His doctors have been gradually loosening his restrictions, even allowing him to go to Williamsburg to spend time with his family - unsupervised.

     Last Wednesday, a Federal Judge desiced that Hinckley had recovered from his mental problems, and agreed to let him out of the hospital to live with his mother in Williamsburg. Hinckley will have some restrictions.

     He won't be allowed to contact Ms. Foster or any of her family, as well as any of the Reagan family, or any of the Secret Service involved in the incident. He will also have to continue regular medical and social checkups, work or volunteer at least three times a week, and follow limits placed on his travel and communication.

     If you're interested in watching the video caught of the assassination attempt, I've included it below:


     Thanks for indulging the history geek within me! Next week we start school (Noooo) so stay tuned for a post on how that's going either next week or the week following! You'll probably want to check out my blog I share with my friends, too. We've posted some new stuff recently!

     Thanks again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment