8.15.2016

Our First Week: A Recap

     This week was our first week of school. I'm going to summarize some of my favorite subjects, so far. I'm also going to do a quick overview of the week.. :) I published a post about my favorite subjects from last year, that you can check out here.




     Monday - the first day of school. Joy. I'm pretty much excited, though there's a small part of me that wants summer to go on forever. I know that halfway through the school year I'll be so done with school. Especially if I'm having trouble with math. :)

     I was done with school by 1:00 on Monday, and 11:30 on Tuesday. On Wednesday, not only did I work ahead for Thursday, I finished by 2:00. Thursday we spent at the beach. Not bad for the fourth day of school! Friday, I was done by 12:00. Not very hard yet! We'll see how next week goes. :)

     My subjects this year are (in alphabetical order) art, Bible, chemistry, economics, German, government, health, history, life 101, literature, math, One Year Adventure Novel, piano, TeenCoder, and various other electives that are yet to be decided. :)

     Since that's way too many to quickly summarize all of them, I'm just going to do my top five. They are chemistry, German, literature, One Year Adventure Novel and TeenCoder.

     I'm so excited for chemistry. This year I'm not doing Apologia, which I've done for as long as I can remember. I'm doing a book called Discovering Design with Chemistry by Dr. Jay Wile. The whole first chapter is about measuring - which is apparently very important. It's actually really interesting learning how to measure things 'correctly'.

     Second is German. Ja, Ich spreche Deutch (Yes, I speak German). And I love it! I'm not very good at it yet, but this year I get to start my second section of Rosetta Stone. My whole family is learning German, and we all use Rosetta Stone to do it. I think it works pretty well, and I like learning new words. :)

     Literature is always one of my favorite subjects. I love to read. I even have an extra literature section on my assignment book, because I often read my first literature book before the end of the week. This week I read Twice Freed by Patrica St. John and I'm starting If I had Lunch with C.S. Lewis, which is promising to be a good read.

     One Year Adventure Novel may arguably be my favorite. I'm basically writing a book for school. I've started writing multiple novels, but they've all trailed off at some point or the other. This way, I'm going to actually finish a book. The second best thing about it? It counts as English credit! With zero diagramming or remember random parts of speech!! I'm so happy. ;)

    Finally, TeenCoder. My little baby. Not really. :) TeenCoder is going to take me through programming computers. Which none of my friends thinks is interesting, but I'm super hyped for it. I'm going to learn how to program using the C# (C-sharp) language for Microsoft, and then in the second semester, I'm going to learn to code games. So excited!

     So that's a summary of some of my favorite subjects and my first week of school! Hope you enjoyed, and be sure to check out my other post at TAJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment