3.11.2019

Bible Update: March 2019

     Hullo there! I'm going to do something I haven't done in quite a while - a Bible time update post thingy! (Or something like that...) Actually, the last time I did this was over a year ago. I promise I've been reading the Bible since then! XD




     In late September or early October (I don't remember exactly when...) I started discipleship with someone who used to go to our small group. It's been really fun and motivating. Even if I don't particularly feel like doing my Bible time, I'll do it just because I know my discipler will ask me and I can't exactly lie to her... I mean, I could, but I really don't want to.

     The first few meetings we went through some basics of what discipling is and just talked about things - life, boys, changes, etc. Basically whatever I was thinking about. Then we went through Jen Wilkin's book Women of the Word (which is really good, definitely would recommend reading it).

     Around the new year we started going through 1 Timothy following the method that Jen Wilkin lays out in her book. It's similar to the inductive study method I was using with Galatians, but a little different. There is more freedom with taking notes in the passage - which can be really nice sometimes, but it's also nice to have some guidelines. I've been using small bits of the other study method as I've been going along.

     Other than that, I've been listening to more sermons as I'm doing chores or whatever, which has been really nice. I've been listening mainly to sermons from my cousin's College and Career ministry. They live in Florida and go to Grace Immanuel Bible Church. Here's a link if you're interested in listening to some of them. They're all really good!

     I prefer to be able to take notes during sermons - something you can't exactly do while you're doing chores - but I sorta figured that having the Word and truth about it in your ears is better than not at all. Even if I might not be able to remember all the message perfectly. A true perfectionist over here. XD

     I've also been working on my "prayer life". (Goodness I feel like I sound really pretentious saying that.) I'm good at sending up little "rapid-fire" prayers throughout the day, but I'm pretty awful at actually sitting down and just praying for even five minutes straight. 

     I've been using the ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication) method a bit, sometimes just putting down bullet points for each of the sections. Other times I'll use it as a general guide and write down my prayer all the way - like all the words and stuff, not just shortened punctuation. I find writing it down very helpful, but also my mind wanders since I can't write as fast as I can think. Overall, though, it's been pretty helpful.

     Anyhow! That's pretty much everything I've been doing for Bible time. I hope that was interesting and/or helpful. See y'all next week!

~ Anna



What have you been doing for Bible time? Any suggestions for me? What book of the Bible that I should study next?

No comments:

Post a Comment