1.31.2018

In January...

     Welcome to the first of a series of monthly wrap-up posts on this blog! I'm going to start to try and do this. I've seen other bloggers do it and it seems pretty fun. We'll see how it will go.



     So I'm going to work through a few categories and just tell you/summarize what happened in that category this month. :)




Life


     This month was pretty fun and also pretty stressful. We were all sick at the beginning of the month (we've kinda been sick throughout it, too, but we were really sick at the beginning) and so life went from not busy at all to crazy busy with school starting, and that included a college dual enrollment class for me.

     That college class is going well. As of the twenty-seventh (now you know when I wrote this - or maybe not *raises eyebrow mysteriously) I have 100% or an A+ so that's good. XD I'm also doing pretty well in my online writing class and all my other school. (Even math, shocker!) 

     In other news, I got my permit on the sixteenth and had my first driving lesson on the twenty-sixth, so now I can drive with one of my parents (technically it could be any adult 25 or older with a license). Needless to say, I'm having a lot of fun doing that. 

     I'm also freaking out a bit that I'm actually driving with other cars and all that. It feels sort of scary, but I'm not sure if I'm even scared enough because driving is very dangerous. It also feels very surreal. For example, I just drove Mom and myself to dinner at a local deli and it was really weird coming home and realizing I just did that. XD



Writing


     Thought I'd plop this section in here even though I have a whole blog dedicated to writing (which is over here if you haven't checked it out yet). I'm sort of insane with the number of blogs I try to keep up but I have so much fun doing it, so whatever.

     So I actually didn't do much writing-wise this month. With being sick and then getting back into the cycle of school and normal routine I found it hard to find the time. I'm hoping to at least work on editing Vindicta at some point, but if I'm still getting into a rhythm I might not work a whole bunch on that. I guess it'll depend, but I don't want to set the bar too high. XD


Watching


     I watched quite a bit in the last week of 2017 and the beginning of 2018. Some of the best things I've seen since Christmas include The Last Jedi, Thor: Ragnarok, The Greatest Showman, the final season of Sherlock, Valkyrie (rewatch), and The Impossible. All of those are movies except for Sherlock.

     By far my favorite thing I saw this month (I actually saw it New Year's Eve but whatever, I make the rules here) was The Greatest Showman. I love basically everything about it. The message is amazing, the acting was well done, the cinematography was so awesome (all the dancing scenes in the circus ring? YES!), and it hit me all over in my emotions. Especially the whole thing with Philip and Anne. 

     And then the music?!?? Don't even start me. :) I love it all! From Now On and A Million Dreams have to be some of my favorites. Even though I also loved the Rewrite the Stars scene. And the Come Alive scene. Nevermind, I don't have a favorite song. That's too hard.

     If you have not seen The Greatest Showman yet, you need to see it. And let me know what you think in the comments. I need to watch it again. XD

Blogging


     In this section, I'm just going to throw up a selection of posts from my various blogs so y'all can keep up on what I'm doing. And I guess just to put something in the blogging section. XD

     I might also put some interesting posts from around the internet up here at some point, but for now, I'm going to keep it simple. This section will just morph as time goes on, I'm sure.

Grace Iolene: 

Intertwining Melodies:

Things to Come


     A few posts to be expecting in the upcoming weeks include some story snippets on Grace Iolene and some of my favorite things about winter. I'm also probably going to do a tag thing-y at some point on this blog, so keep your eyes out for that.

     That's it for this week! Thanks for reading and I'll see you in a few days. :)

~ Anna

4 comments:

  1. I finally watched "The Greatest Showman," and I absolutely loved it. I'm going to do a whole post about it over at "His Words Inscribed" soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could talk about how amazing that movie is for SOO long. It's probably not good. XD

      Delete
  2. Aww, I’m sorry you were sick last month! But sounds like January went pretty well for you otherwise!!

    I LOVVVVVED The Greatest Showman. And for real! One does not simply pick ONE song! But I definitely loved A Million Dreams and The Other Side. WELL, AND ALL OF THEM. I kind of just have to say what my least favorites are because THEY ARE ALL GREAT.

    I had NO clue that you had a writing blog! *rushes over to check it out*
    ~ riley aline
    www.rileyaline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES to ALL of them. Every last one is so awesome. I just saw it again today and it's so good.

      Haha, yeah I'm a little crazy with the number of blogs I'm trying to keep running at the same time. Lol.

      Delete