2.28.2019

February Happenings

     Hehe. Hello. I'm not even going to try to explain my absence, though I'm sure I could. Honestly, I'm just picking this back up again because I've realized how lazy I've been in the free time I do have. I thought I should probably try to actually do something semi-productive in my downtime, and this was the first thing that popped into my head.



     I'm just gonna hop right back into it and show you what I've been up to in February. 

Life

     February was a pretty busy month, especially considering how short it is. Obviously, we started off the month with the Super Bowl, and even though the Rams didn't win, it was still a good ending to the football season. I can't wait for August! XD

     It also rained so, so, so much here in Southern California. The mountains are covered with snow (including some that I've never seen snow on before) and our yard basically turned into a giant puddle at one point. 

     Triniti (my co-blogger who, like me, disappears from the face of the blogging earth fairly often) moved to Michigan last August, as you may or may not know, and they came back for a week or so to hang out. Triniti, Jessica and I went out for lunch after church on the Sunday they were there and we had a bunch of fun. There was a crazy beautiful rainbow while we were eating that was really cool, too.

     Other cool things that happened this month: Ken Ham spoke at our church, one of my favorite managers from Chick-fil-A had a promotion (at a different Chick-fil-A *sniff), my brother got baptized, I did a lot of cleaning/organizing, I had my implant consultation, and we're going to Magic Mountain (today!).

Watching

     I watched some good stuff this month. Movie wise, I went and saw The Upside in theaters, and watched When We First Met on Netflix. Both were pretty funny, and also a little bit on the sketchy side. The Upside had a few parts I had to cover my eyes for. 

      The best stuff is from the TV shows side of things. For the past few months, my brother and I (and our family to some extent) have been watching a show called Psych. We watch it off of Amazon through VidAngel. Because of that, I can't really speak to its cleanness, but with VidAngel it's absolutely hilarious. I died at this one part the other night... it was actually sorta pathetic. I've also been watching Victoria Season Three as it is coming out on the Masterpiece website and it's been really good as well. Except this season is just breaking my heart. WHY??? 

Reading

     I've been trying to get a bit more into reading more regularly. I read Love Walked Among Us earlier this month, and have been working through the First Century Diaries series. I also devoured Thief of Corinth the other night. Probably stayed up too late. Anyway, here's the list of books I read this month:

  • Love Walked Among Us by Paul Miller (four stars)
  • The Silas Diary by Gene Edwards (four stars)
  • The Titus Diary by Gene Edwards (four stars)
  • Thief of Corinth by Tessa Afshar (five stars)
  • The Timothy Diary by Gene Edwards (four stars)

Things to Come

     Let's see how blogging goes these next few weeks. Maybe I'll keep up with it, maybe I won't. If I disappear again, don't worry. I'm probably not dead. XD Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon!

~ Anna


What was your February like? Do you have any reading suggestions for me?


No comments:

Post a Comment