7.31.2018

In July...

     Hey! So I've only done one of these in the first half of 2018... Let's see if we can maybe try to top that in the second half. Shouldn't be too hard. XD Here's what I did in July!



     So - I had five sections last time and I'll just work through those five. We'll see what happens!

Life

     Life was crazy this month. Obviously, you guys know about Ireland, but we also did a lot of stuff with friends. One of my friends is moving at the end of summer, so we're trying to get in as much stuff together as possible. We've hung out at Starbucks, got free slushies on 7/11 day, and went to our church's beach night together.

     I've also been quite busy - I'm trying to get a job, and I took my license test on the twenty-seventh AND I PASSED. So that's like, really really really REALLY exciting. XD We also watched our cousins for a week and went to the San Diego Safari Park with them and just hung around at the house.

Writing

     Needless to say, with how busy it's been I've barely had time to write. I've done a few little things for fun - like trying to write a short story based off of a cool prompt - but nothing of note. I found this website - Story Embers - and I think I'm going to be referencing it a lot and trying to get back into the groove of writing more regularly. We'll have to see what happens when school starts, though.


Watching

     Since I last did one of these, I've seen a lot of movies. Most notably, Black Panther, Infinity War, and Ant Man and the Wasp. I'm a huge Marvel fan, so those were all really fun to watch. (Except... Infinity War killed me on an emotional level. I cannot wait for Captain Marvel.) 

     On the TV show side, I finished up Downton Abbey (ahh! So amazing!!) and another show - Limitless. I watched that last one using VidAngel to filter it, so I'm not sure if I would recommend it without filters. But it was really good. Now I'm working my way through Poldark, which is sort of similar to Downton Abbey, but rougher. I really like it though. And I'm probably going to start Dr. Who soon. (Someone in Ireland convinced me to start it...)

Blogging

     I just got back into blogging and reading other blogs, so I don't have much to put on here. Obviously, I enjoyed writing my Ireland post just because of the memories. Here are a few posts I really enjoyed these past few weeks...

Why I Love VBS: I've been following Jaquelle for a while and always enjoy her posts. This one especially spoke to me, though, because I also love VBS.

Get to Know Me Tag {Writer's Edition}: This was just fun to read. I like learning these sorts of things about people, and having a specific one with questions aimed at writers was really cool.

Keys to a Balanced Writing Diet: The imagery of a diet with different food equaling different things a writer needs was super interesting.

Through My Eyes: Uganda: Olivia is such a good writer, and this especially spoke to the tiny part of my heart that is forever devoted to missionaries and missionary work.

Pictures from My Trip to Tepic, Mexico: This was written by someone from our church who went on the missions trip to Mexico. Lots of cool pictures. Also very different from Ireland.

Things to Come

     Whelp! We headed out on the road yesterday for a destination that will remain unnamed for now, so I'm hoping to do some sort of post/posts about that. Also maybe something about VBS or school or something?? I dunno. Maybe some more organization in preparation for school - my desk needs it.

~ Anna


What did you do in July? Or even during the four-plus months I've been gone. XD Any specific blog posts you might be interested in seeing?


No comments:

Post a Comment