11.18.2019

My bookmark collection

     Hey guys! Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving?!? This is absolutely crazy... Anyway. I've been wanting to do this post for a long time and thought it was finally time to actually do the work (i.e. take the pictures) and post it.


     So! I have about sixty to seventy bookmarks - there's sixty in the main picture, and I know I'm missing a few from this that I'm either using or are somewhere in long term storage. 


     I try to buy a bookmark everywhere I go. Obviously, not everywhere I go, but like the "touristy" places that actually sell bookmarks. My favorites are magnetic bookmarks, but not many places sell those so I often have to settle for the normal ones. First world problems, eh? XD I thought I would go through my favorite bookmarks and show you some of them!


     I used to be obsessed with horses. One of my favorite games to play was "Mom (or Dad) ask me a question about horses and I'll answer it!" Obviously I didn't know some of the answers, but I loved asking that question. So I have a lot of horse bookmarks, all from that time. I love them because of the memories. And I still really like horses, so... Win-win.


     These are my favorite of all bookmarks... the magnetic ones that are really small. They're just so cute! On a special note, that Grand Canyon one was the first bookmark that I ever officially "collected". Since I love reading, I already had quite a few bookmarks, but I finally decided to intentionally collect them.


     I like using these little photo strips as bookmarks. I think it's a really cool way to utilize them and make them more useful. Plus then you can look at the pictures more. And then I have little random ones like that black one, just like the most hilarious things. (I made that when I was a wee eight year old!) And then the silver one is the bookmark I got in Ireland - again, super meaningful and special to me.


     A lot of the times I'll choose bookmarks just because of how they look. The Death Valley one is a new artwork style that the national parks are doing and I love it. So obviously I get the bookmark... 

     I love how the redwood one is actually carved out of wood, and the metal one just has such detail. The little "tails" broke for both of those, but they've been well-loved. And then that little metal one is just so cute (using that adjective a lot in this post...) It's handmade and you can see it and I just love it.

     Anyway, you can see that I'm a little bit obsessed with my bookmarks. There's actually a couple that I'm thinking of that I really like but I'm not sure where they are (oh the joys of moving) but hey! These are some good ones too.

     That's it for this post! Thanks for reading and I'll be back next week!

~ Anna


What do you like to collect? What would you like to collect, but don't? What types of bookmarks do you like? Or am I just weird for caring so much... probably? XD

No comments:

Post a Comment