9.17.2018

A Trip to Laguna Beach

     Hey guys! I'm back with another post... I'm trying to make an effort to have at least some of these not be school-related, but that's basically my entire life right now. School and a bit of church-related stuff. Not complaining a bunch - I enjoy it - but it doesn't make for much variety in the blogging world.



     One thing I did do recently was take a trip with my family to Laguna Beach. It was pretty fun, even though I did get really hot as you'll see. We headed out around one in the afternoon on Saturday morning. It's about a fifty-minute drive from our house.

     We started out at the top of the world - not literally, obviously. It's the name of a community park with a bunch of hiking trails. We were going to do one relatively easy trail, but the trail we (*cough* Dad *cough*) chose ended up being not so easy.

Have you ever wondered what the view from the top of the world
is? This is it! XD
     So the trail had a lot of really steep up and downs - and I mean really steep. We're pretty experienced hikers, we've hiked a lot in a lot of different locations, and this was the steepest I'd seen a trail be. And it was steep multiple times. Anyway, I ended up looking like this:

Really, really hot and really, really tired. But hey, I got my step
count goal!!
Here's one of the angles. This picture really doesn't give it
justice. But it's as close as I could get. Just take my word
for it... It was really steep.
And here's a view of the trail from the top, when we were
getting close to the end. I'm 90% sure we hiked the trail
you can see.
     After that really hard hike (it was actually a lot easier than I expected) we went and got shakes at Jack in the Box. I know, we're so fancy. XD I got a cookies and cream and it was so good. Not as good as Chick-fil-A's though. Theirs is the best. Anyway, tangent.

     We enjoyed our shakes down by the beach, basking in the cool breeze. Then we took the six or so minute drive to the Thousand Steps Beach, where you climb down a bunch of stairs to get to the beach. We climbed all the way down and then climbed all the way back up again. (Also it's 224 steps, not a thousand. Just for the sake of accuracy.)


Some cool pictures. Ignore Jack doing... I don't know what
he's doing. Just ignore it. The flower is pretty, isn't it?
These are the thousand (ahem I mean 224) steps to the
beach. It's a long way down.

     After trekking up and down all those stairs we headed back home. Even though we only spent a few hours there, it was pretty fun (if you ignore the sweat and the burning legs after all those stairs). I would definitely want to go back and explore a bit more.

     This was a bit of a different post than usual, but I hope you enjoyed. I'll (probably) be back next week with another post. So until then!

~ Anna


Have you taken any trips recently? Do you enjoy hiking? What are some of your favorite things to do on the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment